Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Countdown Begins

The Waiting

If you know me you won't be to surprised that I am anxious! You will be surprised that it is a
"good feeling" this time anyway...
As I am in a strange hotel all by myself anxiously awaiting for sleep time so my wake up time will be here fast. :)

Tomorrow August 24th is my pre-op day! A full schedule of tests and meetings with my ever so spectacular "Liver Donor Team"

Each and every person on this team plays an important role for this entire life changing event,coming up in just over a week.

My team consists of
Living Donor Coordinator
Transplant Coordinator
Social Worker
Financial Coordinator
Psychiatrist
Hepatolgist
Surgeon
Independent Dr.


Each member of my team has already made me feel comfortable. I know I am able and have called on them for advice. I know I am in the best care with all of them.

What an awesome program and journey so far,haven't even done the surgery yet!:)

With this I shall say I talked with my brother today. He is working (yep) said he needs to be sure his office is good to go until his return after surgery. He is a strong man, maybe not physically at the moment,that will be back soon!

I am so ready,willing and able to help him get back to work!!

To be continued...






No comments: